Enterprise Development for Women and Youth
The expected outcome is smallholder farmers, particularly women and youth, benefiting from efficient and reliable markets for agro-inputs and commodities. The outcome indicators are:
- Number of smallholder farmers using agrochemicals and fertiliser increase by 50%
- Up to 4,000 jobs created by Micro-Small & Enterprises (MSEs), particularly for women and youth (RIMS & ATA)
- No of performing enterprises – those with business characteristics – record keeping, best business practices, making profit, using improved technologies, accessing credit and sharing knowledge with peers, etc
- Increased% of produce processed (volume of value added) for selected commodities
- At least 25% of production groups (representing 9000 groups) engage in off-take arrangements with industries
- % increase in income or volume of income generated.
- Number and value of asset accumulated – has to do with success stories
Goal and Purpose:: The goal of Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (CASP) is reduced rural poverty, increased food security and accelerated economic growth on a sustainable basis.
Programme Development Objective (PDO)
The programme development objective is increased incomes, enhanced food security and reduced vulnerability for smallholder farmers, particularly women and youth in the participating States.