The expected outcome is sustainable, inclusive and market-oriented rural community institutions developed. The outcome indicators are:
- Number of active farmer groups networked and strengthened, disaggregated accordingly to gender and youth
- 75% of CDAs assessed as high performing
- 30% of CDA members are women
- 50% of groups assessed as commodity groups selling to processors, markets
- Number of community infrastructure schemes operating and being maintained (disaggregated by type)
- 80% of Financial Service Associations (FSAs) operating in a sustainable manner
- 350 FSAs linked to financial institutions
- Women/ youth to form at least 60% of ASCA members
Goal and Purpose:: The goal of Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (CASP) is reduced rural poverty, increased food security and accelerated economic growth on a sustainable basis.
Programme Development Objective (PDO)
The programme development objective is increased incomes, enhanced food security and reduced vulnerability for smallholder farmers, particularly women and youth in the participating States.